- Focus first and foremost on the shopper experience - front line staff are key
- Make satisfied customers your brand ambassadors - your customer can be your best advertising
- psychological hurdles to making a purchase, e.g. shipping costs
- Embrace the any-time, anywhere economy - make it easy to search and find you
- When something bad happens, fix it - bad news travels fast
Sunday, 8 January 2012
5 Experience Enhancers That will Build Competitive Advantage
"The Key to Customer Loyalty: The Total Shopper Experience."
The article offers excellent advice based on a study by PcWs that is designed to help businesses identify often hidden sources of value that lead to exceptional, differentiating customer experiences.
They recommend developing an experience action plan that’s built on the customer knowledge - extracted from your loyalty program—and that activates the following five “experience enhancers”. These points echo many of the things I have said in my previous posts:
Businesses that understand what their customers value most in the purchasing experience, and that build strong psychological bonds with them, will pull ahead of their rivals and strengthen their customer loyalty."
This is great advice.