Here is a useful no nonsense list of things customer service teams should be doing to keep consumers happy [See full details at Customer Service Tips and Perspectives]
- Answer the phone
- Listen to your customers
- Focus on the positive
- Handle customer complaints effectively
- Keep your promises
- Train your staff
- Be helpful and kind, even when there is not an immediate profit in it
- Let customers know you appreciate them
- Go the extra mile
- Ask if there is anything else you can do
The first 6 points are the basics if you want to get consumers to buy again.
- Make relevant brand promises to the consumer (generally via marketing).
- Deliver theses promises both in-store and then every time the brand is used/consumed.
- Delight the consumers. This magical bit that great customer service adds.